Watch the videos above for an introduction to Alkastraw® and download/print the pdf document for more details.
Alkastraw® can be produced by mixing harvested straw with Home n’ Dry® – whether it’s straw remaining from either Alkagrain®, ‘head cut’ Alkalage® production or using chopped straw.
Alkastraw® is effective because:
- It is a highly effective form of structural fibre
- The enhanced protein level of Alkastraw helps with digestibility
- The alkaline pH and fibre content aids improved rumen performance
- It is very cost effective
- It is easy to handle and feed – virtually eliminates feed sorting
- It is unattractive to vermin
- It is a stable feed mix and can be used slowly without heating or spoiling