Watch the video above for an introduction to Alkalage® and download/print the pdf document for more details.
Watch the video above for an introduction to Crops for Alkasystems
Alkalage® production is a proven method of utilising own grown mature cereal crop feeds with Home n’ Dry to create a good quality animal feed that allows increased animal performance and health potential whilst reducing the proportion of purchased feeds in the diet.
Alkalage® is effective because:
- The mature crop has maximum starch and dry matter yield
- There are no fermentation costs – fermentation typically uses 12 to 15% of the nutrients in fermented whole crop
- It is a stable feed mix after opening the clamp and can be used slowly without heating or spoiling
- It has increased protein content
- The alkaline pH counters excess acidity from other feeds
- It is unattractive to vermin
- The Alkalage® forage mix aids in the improvement of cow rumen and general health through its alkaline pH and effective digestible fibre content
Alkalage® forage mix aids improvement of cow rumen and general health through its alkaline pH and effective digestible fibre content.